xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml'> GOD OF CRICKET: I'm no Sachin Tendulkar: Rahman

Ads

Share this Sachin news

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm no Sachin Tendulkar: Rahman



A R Rahman, with his double Oscar nominations this year for Danny Boyle's 127 Hours (Best Original Score and Best Song — If I Rise with Dido) may repeat his Slumdog Millionaire magic at the Academy Awards. 

But while Slumdog saw the music maestro bring two Oscars to India, Rahman feels that it is going to be difficult to touch his previous glory.

"I have won the Oscars before and so winning is not a pressure situation for me. But yes, I want to win it again and if possible win both my categories. Which artist would not want to get an Oscar again," asks Rahman who was also honoured with the Crystal Award of the World Economic Forumat Davos recently for doing social and charitable work.

Rahman, who obviously wants the blessings of his fans in India, is quick to tell them, "I'm no Sachin Tendulkar. Whenever he takes the field, people expect him to score a century. I will try my best to live upto fans' expectations, but it's not possible to get an Oscar always."

The competition is tough this year. "We have seen some outstanding work last year and many great artists are in the list. Anyone can win this award," said Rahman, "so if I see a new person win the Oscar this time, I will be happy. Awards should act as an encouragement to new talent. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing the industry getting flooded with great talent who make things exciting."


Facebook Comments